Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sweet Talker

The weather here has been of the extremely dreary and wet variety, very unusual for December in NY.  I am glad we don't have snow, but the mud is unspeakable.  Emma and Ramsey don't even want to poke their noses out of the barn, which is just as well as I have yet to come up with a suitably waterproof hoof boot for Ramsey.  I was thinking about a motorcycle-tire-tube, but I haven't figured out the proper size.  My one foray into motorcycle shopping did not work out so well.  Anybody know what size tube will fit a bandaged baby-donkey foot?  The bottom of the foot is about 2x3".  Any input would be welcome.

The mud and the drear has all of us hunkered down with not much happening.  However, I did finally manage to get a little video of Gabe talking to me.  Gabe talks a lot, but every time I point the camera at him, he stops.  Generally, he starts talking to me as soon as I step outside every morning and he keeps it up until breakfast is forthcoming, which often takes about half an hour.  Unfortunately, for the poor, big doofus, his voice can only be described as cute, bordering on adorable.  

My good friend KC got to enjoy one of his serenades a couple of months ago and was charmed.  She tried to capture it on her camera-phone, but, as usual, the big lug quit as soon as he had any attention focused on him.  I finally managed to capture a bit and I am posting this for her as she is also suffering from the drear at the moment.  Turn your volume up and try to ignore the horrific mud.

For you KC!

3 comments:

  1. That is hysterical, and the way he turns his head when you are probably looking at him! What a great chuckle early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An American in TokyoDecember 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM

    Aww, how sweet!!
    It must be a nice thing to hear while you are making his breakfast!!
    Please give him a hug from me.

    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete