Thursday, March 14, 2013

Would someone please stuff a sock in that lion

You know that one really nice day in March where the sun shines and the world is full of bright optimism and hopes of Spring?  I think that day might just possibly make it all the harder when reality returns in the form of more snow, frigid temperatures and, once again, the insane howling wind.  March didn't come in like a lion this year, it's been more like a half-starved, rabid hyena.   If Ramsey's foot were up to it, I think I just might hitch up the entire herd and run away from this particular hyena.  We could all troop out of here and find some sun.  I know it's out there, somewhere....




9 comments:

  1. Even when the sun comes out, the damp, raw wind puts an ache in the bones. If we could just crank it up to 50 for a few days I'd be happy.

    Are those hemlocks or pines? pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy with 30 degrees and some sun. This single digit, high wind and snow is really getting to me.

      The trees are all hemlocks, one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. You gave me the best laugh this morning. Rabid hyena huh? LOL We had a jeckyl and hyde situation here, first couple days were lion, next few were lamb. It seems like our spring weather patterns have been that way though the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew, it must be might cold up there today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. come on out to sunny southern California Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have absolutely no idea how tempting that is...one of these days...

      Delete
  5. This is off subject but I've been meaning to ask. I just came from Donkey Bums, and that reminded me. Did Cornell ligate Ramsey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did ligate. They also used those awful dissolvable stitches to close the incision and that caused some trouble. I ended up putting him on antibiotics for another week. To be fair though, if Ramsey had been able to run around normally he probably would not have had trouble. If it wasn't for the whole issue of him living with Emma, I would have held off on gelding him for a while, but I didn't see any other viable option. It is over with now anyways, which I am very glad of.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos and good decision about Ramsey ligation. ;)

    ReplyDelete