Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sweet Freedom

4/5/15

After a week of cold, rainy, sleety, foggy, wet the sun has finally come out to finish the job and finally, FINALLY  usher in Spring.  The measuring dog is signing off.

4/12/15

About the time that first photo was taken, the knife sharp crust on top of the snow finally gave in and the equines were able to plow through the snow and get out into the field for the first time in four months.  They come in everyday to say hello, have a bit of hay, a drink and then head back out into freedom.  I'm sure they'll be back soon to take up their blogging duties once again, but just this moment, they are too busy wallowing in the joy of Spring.  

I'll have to go back and see if anyone got the date right or came close.  I know there were a couple of guesses for mid April.  At the time, I was thinking, "jeez, that's mean, I sure hope it doesn't take that long!".


5 comments:

  1. you know I've never been so happy to see snow melt in my life! We're not quite as far along as you but I know can see all three strands of my fencing with the exception of a few spots and we have bare ground! I can't remember what date I picked but I'm happy that its gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it took forever last year but we had a fair melt down by the first of April..boy this was a long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very glad for you, after this long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guessed April 1, but had originally thought about April 15 ----- but that seemed so discouraging! Glad Spring has finally decided to come to your neighborhood. Good to hear that your herd is responding to the medication.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just awful---having to wait until April to see the ground!! I hope it dries up and greens up soon.

    ReplyDelete