Saturday, November 3, 2012

Ramsey Update

I just spoke with the vet for the second time today.  This morning, things were not looking good as the vets were convinced that Ramsey was suffering from abscesses in his brain as well as his foot.  However, they tested his spinal fluid and it came back perfectly normal.  With that and the other test results, they have decided that the behaviors that have had them so concerned (he nearly passes out every  time he lays down) is from extreme pain rather than an additional illness.

With all of that in mind, we have decided to go ahead with the surgery to repair his foot and he is being operated on right now.  I authorized it because the prognosis is good that he can make a nearly full or completely full recovery and live a happy, normal life.  Hearing this, I just could not do anything else.   Things could still go very badly at this point, but I feel that there is hope.


Those of you who have been following this blog for a while have probably guessed by now that I am not very good at asking for or accepting  help, it does not come naturally or easy for me.  A number of people have contacted me and suggested that I accept donations to help cover Ramsey's medical costs, which as of this moment, are at $5000 and climbing. 

I have mixed feelings about this and I have been thinking about it and Ramsey all day.  Here is where I am at....Some how, some way, I will find the money to pay for Ramsey's care.  I am committed to that.  That said, it is not going to be easy, it is in fact, going to be a real hardship.  If some of you would like to contribute to his expenses, I would be extremely grateful. Please do not feel that you have to and please do not contribute more then you can afford.

I have never done anything like this before and I am not even sure how to go about it.  If anybody has advice or suggestions, please share them.  To contact me directly, my email address is:  aerissana@gmail.com



I want to thank all of you for your incredible kindness, I know I am not always good at responding to you're comments, but I read and appreciate every one of them.   I especially want to thank evemarie, I am in awe of your generosity and support. Words just fail me. Please get in touch.

I will post further updates as soon as I know anything more. 

Oh, and Emma is doing well.  She is not happy, she wants her baby, but she is well.  I have put Tessa back out with her so that she has company and they are glad to be together. 


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Prayers for the dear boy and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to read this update. I have pulled up your blog many timnes throughout the day hoping for a positive update. I'm glad I was able to read this before heading off to bed. I have been praying for your little guy, you, and Emma, and will continue to do so.

    Please have a good nights sleep tonight. You deserve it after the heartache you have been through.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and the baby donkey.... and can donate a small amount.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of baby Ramsey, you and Emma all day. Thinking positive thoughts for the little guy, and that he will soon be home with his family. I will send along a donation too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have been pulling up your blog many times today and I am so happy for the good news. I also had a situation where I needed help paying for a sick animal and friends helped me. Our animals are like our children and we would do anything for them when they are in pain. Please let us know how we can help. I would love to pay back by my friends generosity by paying it forward to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeay! I know Ramsey is not out of the woods, yet - but am happy to hear things are going in the right direction!!

    ReplyDelete