Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Daily Downpour

The really bad storms and tornadoes that killed six people and caused a lot of damage missed this area, thankfully.  I used to like thunder storms, but not any more.  They have become so violent and dangerous and it's just been one after another lately.  I've been lucky so far, I've only lost a couple of rather unhealthy trees, but I watched the straight line winds roar through on Monday and the sky turn that weird tornado-yellow yesterday.  I sure hope this weather pattern changes soon.  i know most people ion the country probably feel the same.

It was beautiful out this morning and I thought we were going to have a day off.  I decided, to heck with the tractor and opted for this instead...

The deer flies were absolutely brutal so gave Tess a bit more bug repellent....
It really does help.

We met up with RB, but didn't make it far before we heard thunder moving in again.  We both decided to call it quits and we high-tailed it back home.  Tessa and I did have a fun gallop home anyway, we made it with 10 seconds to spare:)

This was nothing like the last two storms, but wet enough.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! Those are not good storms. We've had our share of weather but nothing as bad as that. We've dodged the bullet here. But not around us.
    Glad you got a ride in anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world at large needs to treat Mother Nature nicer, she has been getting increasingly angry...

    Glad you made it back in time from your ride from. We've had a lot of storms & damage this season very close-by as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Loud rain! I am getting so tired of being afraid of the weather this spring. I do hope it settles down for all our sakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liked your video of the torrential rain. The animals looked so safe, dry and comfy in the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Tessa is turning out to be a lovely trail companion ~ good for you .
    I enjoyed the rain video and the munchie threesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you got a ride in! How smart to leave the fly mask on!

    ReplyDelete