Tuesday, October 10, 2017

And Done

This whole gravel/rubber mat project has morphed into a far bigger job than I initially intended.  I have never been good at half-measures though.  Since I had a bit more gravel than I had landscape fabric for, I had the rest put near the barn so I could extend the very first project a bit further.  This included pulling all the mats out of the storage shed and adding a couple inches of gravel in here because water tends to puddle in here and cause problems.

I seriously thought about making Ben help me to move the mats, but I couldn't think of a good way to attach him (or the ATV) to the mats.  With heavy rain on the horizon, I couldn't take the time anyway so it was just Me, Myself and I with a bit of moral support from the herd.  They volunteered to keep the mats from moving on their own and escaping.

There was also one really big, brown rock that I just could not manage to rake smooth no matter how hard I tried.  The more I raked this rock, the more raking it needed.

It doesn't really look much different, but there is another 3-4 inches of gravel in the shed.

Which meant it was time to put the mats back and add a couple new ones.

Rubber mats and gravel really are great things, but I don't want to have to move either for a very, VERY long time.

Special thanks to Marco and Mina for the mats and Dave for the back-blade.  Now all I need is some Aleve, a hot tub and a really good chiropractor.


7 comments:

  1. I know how heavy those mats are! We have them and it takes both of us to move them. I want to put mats down after I get a tie rail put back up. Sigh. So much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had some busy days! Hope you didn't do yourself in. We are all looking forward to hearing about how much better the herd's hooves are in the future. You should have been a twin; you need more than two hands for all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a BIG difference! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! That is a LOT of back breaking work! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worth the work for sure after! Vice grips are great for moving mats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very nice, you will be very happy you toughed it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mats are one of the most awkward things to move! Can't believe you got all this done by yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete