Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Let Dopey Dogs Lie

My poor puppy had a rough day.  I decided to go ahead and get him neutered even though I had wanted to wait until he was at least a year old.  However, Kelsey was in heat last week and his best buddy Bess could come into heat any time and it is just too hard on him and everyone else for him to be around all these young females.  He will be 11 months old in a couple of days and I think his bones are done growing so - close enough.

He came home still rather stoned on all the drugs he got, which gave me the opportunity to get some very, very rare photos....

...of a very quiet, sleepy Connor.  OK, maybe glassy-eyed and stoned might be more accurate.

Don't expect to see photos like these ever again....

....Connor is many things, but sleepy and cuddly he isn't.  Keeping him quiet once the drugs wear off should be interesting.

9 comments:

  1. Awww. He still has pink on his pads.

    Is FB going to breed Bess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope to, but I will wait until she is around three years old. The world would definitely benefit from more dogs (or people) like Bess!

      Delete
  2. What happened, Ma? Oh, well, who cares. Think I'll take another nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. (What other kind would Connor want?!) The long fur on the back of his front legs reminds me of my late, beloved Bosco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made the right choice and he'll be right as rain faster than you can imagine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He had better recover quickly. Bess is missing him like crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, gosh, I went through it a few months ago with Jester... He had a long, hard day too, but is in great shape now, and no more female problems :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connor has grown into such a beautiful dog. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. d'Arcy bounced back pretty quickly after his. there was no keeping him down.

    ReplyDelete