Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Complaint Department

"You know Ma, I have a complaint."

"Oh yeah Emma, what's the problem?" 

"This is my third February and it stinks.  Can't you do something about this?"

"Uhmmm, what did you have in mind?"

"Well I don't know, you could start by getting rid of the nasty snow and make the temperature just a bit higher.  Can't you at least make the wind stop?  Honestly, we really have had quite enough of this.  Just. Make. It. Stop. 
Or hey...I know, you could build us a bigger barn, something we can run around in.  Say....something in the vicinity of, oh let's say 100,000 square feet....something about the size of your average Walmart maybe.  That'd work."

"Jeez Em, you don't ask for much do you.  You donkeys already have the whole barn.  The horses are relegated to the shed.  You know...the shed that was supposed to be for machinery and then was going to be for you, but now has two horses crammed into it instead.  Really Em, you may as well ask me to just get rid of the month of February."


"Ma!! I KNEW you'd come up with something.  That's a great idea!  I haven't been able to think of a single redeeming aspect of February, let's just do away with it!"

"YEAH, MOMMY'S RIGHT.  LET'S GET RID OF FEBRUARY!  DOWN WITH FEBRUARY!!!"

"Yeah, sure guys.  I'll get right on that for you...."


7 comments:

  1. I am in total agreement with Emma and Ramsey, with the exception of yesterday's "warm and snowy" I haven't found much to like about this month at all. DRR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Emma and Ramsey, I saw Witch Hazel blooming at Harvard this morning. Boston's first harbinger of Spring. Hang in there. Just a month to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Emma, out with February! For the shortest month is sure seems to be dragging on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOWN WITH FEBRUARY! DOWN WITH FEBRUARY!!!

    I'm liking this plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, come on guys, I'd love some snow here :-D.

    ReplyDelete