Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ambassador Ramsey

We've been getting a lot of company lately, or at least a certain small donkey has.  I think there have been more visitors to my little farm in the last couple of weeks then I have had in the last ten years.  Ramsey charms them all.  This young lady was quite thrilled with him and wanted to take him home. 
The combination of a squealy, giggly, fast-moving, five year old girl and a two week old donkey baby proved to be too much for my nerves so after she had hugged Ramsey, pulled his ears, patted his nose and was looking like she wanted to start a game of tag, I wimped out and put the donkeys in the barn. 

A few days later, an older friend brought her 94 year old aunt over for a visit and Ramsey put on quite a show.  Unfortunately, it was one of the few times I didn't have my camera in my pocket.  This older lady had grown up on a farm and worked with nearly every kind of livestock, but she had never seen a donkey.  She has been waiting anxiously for months for Ramsey to arrive so she could finally get to meet a baby donkey.

The guy who delivered my roofing couldn't pass up a chance to meet Ramsey either.  He was so smitten with the donkeys, he asked if he could bring his wife over later to see them.  As he pulled out of the driveway he told me that meeting Ramsey and Emma was the best tip he'd ever had. 

Ramsey is a consummate ambassador.

Always willing to greet friends and neighbors.

These folks came all the way from Germany.  Actually, they are here visiting family who happen to be friends of mine, but Ramsey and Emma were definitely a highlight of the trip.

After all, who could possibly resist this....
 

Ambassador Ramsey, hard at work on behalf of donkeys everywhere...

8 comments:

  1. Yep, baby donkeys are people magnets. Ramsey sure looks like he enjoys it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An American in TokyoJuly 26, 2012 at 7:56 AM

    OMG!! Ambassador Ramsey and Mama Emma are soooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of the girl in las photo !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm not the only one who has never seen a baby donkey. How nice of you to let Ramsey have so many visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwe, how nice of you & Emma to share your joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a star! There is nothing cuter than a donkey foal :-)

    ReplyDelete