Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Morning Lineup

I just got this question from Mel about my time lapse pictures...

"Very nice. I understand "Sit" "Stay" for the dog, but how did you get the other three to just stand there?"

The answer is, I don't do anything, I don't even tell my dog to sit.  These photos were all taken from the doorway of my house.  Everybody around here thinks that I am way too slow and they all stand here like this (the equines are all lined up at the electric fence which is hard to see in the snow) most mornings waiting for me to finally get my boots and coat on.  They all seem to think that if they stare at the house hard enough, it will make me move faster.  Maybe they're right, they do have me trained fairly well.


  
By the way, I am waiting for the vet to show up, we are going to do an ultrasound to make sure everything is going OK with Emma and baby.  I'll let you know....

4 comments:

  1. OK, the invisible electric fence explains it all. Mine too stand at the fence and stare at the kitchen window trying to make me feel sorry for them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Tessa, were you trying to tell Gabriel that when mom is approaching he had better get in line behind you? Protecting Emma? Establishing that you are the boss? - Just wondering... :)
    EM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure that Tessa knows the answer to this question. She is trying to figure out her place in the world. She wants to take care of Emma and be buddies with Gabe and get all the attention. It isn't easy being the herd matriarch at three years old:)

      Delete
    2. No, I don't suppose it is!

      Love the sweet souls you are blogging about, and very much enjoy your writing and photography. Thanks for sharing and for your reply.

      Delete