Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Forlorn Hope

"I'm ready for another walk Ma.  Can we go?"

"Em, we already went for a walk today, we just got back an hour ago."

"I know, it was fun.  Let's do it again, huh?  Please."

"I'm sorry Em, I have to go to work."

"I don't know why you're always going off to that Work place, it would be much more fun if we just went for another walk instead."

"I know, but someone has to earn a living around here you know.  I have to be able to make sure we all get to eat, you guys certainly like to eat after all."

"I know Ma, but that's just it, there's all the food in the world out there, just waiting for us to come eat it."

"Well, that may be true at the moment, but it won't be for much longer and what about me?  I don't eat tree leaves and moss ya know."

"Oh phooey Ma, you worry too much and you really need to give those leaves a try, they're delicious .   And just think about all the problems that would solve for you; no more driving to work, buying groceries....You just need to learn to be more like a donkey; expand your horizons, live in the moment and seize whatever leaves come your way.  So what'a ya think?  Let's go for another walk huh?"

9 comments:

  1. Gosh, that work stuff sure does get in the way of a pretty donkey having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, Kris, have a heart! Call in and say one of your kids is sick!

    Nancy in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a very wise soul. Not completely practical, but wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, too cute! If only life was that easy, right :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cutie pie ~ go on take a day off ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only we could spend all day with animals! Everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Em, all that working is highly over rated!

    ReplyDelete