Thursday, January 19, 2012

Woods in Winter

The weather here lately has been bad, very bad, and that's the kindest thing I can say about it.  All of the equines are staying huddled in the barn out of the wind and off of the ice that is covering everything.  I tried to get some pictures of Emma this afternoon, but the light was bad in the barn and I didn't want her getting cold, so I gave up, put all her blankets back on and left to put more wood on the fire.  You wouldn't really have wanted to see any of the pictures I tried to take today, they'd have made you cold just looking at them.  I did take some photos last weekend which, while intensely cold, are a little less bleak.  Since we are all hunkered down, waiting for the weather to break and not doing anything fun or interesting, I thought I would share some of them with you.  These were mostly taken a day after a snow storm.  The sky was intensely blue but very cold and the woods had the feel that we had just stepped through the back of the wardrobe....






























1 comment:

  1. Very pretty photos! They look so - quiet, as if nature were holding its (or is it her?) breath. The doggie paw prints made me smile :) EM, wishing for better weather for you all.

    ReplyDelete