Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Stills - Nature's Frames

This week's challenge was to take a picture of something framed by nature.  The things that came instanly to mind were these...
I took these two on one of the last trail rides of the season sometime in November.  It is highly unusual to see plants still green at that time of year let alone growing out of a tree.  I haven't been able to figure out what kind of plant it is.  If anybody knows, I would be interested to hear.  I kinda think it looks like the Old-Man-of -the-Woods...

The lines and shadows created and framed by these mushrooms.  Again, I have no idea what they are, but they have very beautiful colors that aren't really done proper justice by these photos...

The sky framed by the trees...

And, of course, the best frame of all....

4 comments:

  1. I agree, best frame of all is the last one but they are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great photos. Love the mushrooms (?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the tree, I dont know what it is but it looks like the tree is eating the green stuff :)

    ReplyDelete