Monday, May 28, 2012

Misgivings

"Geeze Ma, it's HOT."

"I know Em, someone sure turned up the heat today."

"Can't you do something about it, I'm HOT."

"I can't do anything about the weather, but how about a cold-hose-spa-treatment?"

"Good idea...
Ahhh, that feels good.  At least you humans have this plumbing stuff figured out.

"Can't argue there, a good shower is one of the real wonders of the world...
You know Em, you'd probably feel better if you had this baby soon."

"You know Ma, I'm almost starting to believe you about all this baby stuff.  I do feel kinda weird lately and have you seen what's happened to my belly?!"

Finally!  "I know Em, but we'll have lots of fun with the baby once it gets here and your belly will go back to how it used to be.  You'll see."

"Hmmm, I'm not sure I really understand the whole concept anyway.  Maybe Tess can show me...I think I'll stick close to her, she'll know what to do right?  She's BIG." 

"Well really,  it just doesn't work that way.  Unfortunately, I don't think Tessa will be much help .  We'll all try to help any way we can but honestly, it's mostly gonna be up to you.  You'll know what to do when to time comes."

"Hmmph.  That doesn't seem fair.  Maybe you ought to have someone else do this, I don't think I want to."   

"Ah Emma, I would if I could and I know it's not fair, not much is.  But, it's way too late to back out now.  Best to just get on with it." 

"I'll think about it, but I still think I'm gonna stick close to Tessa.  Being that big has to count for something."

2 comments:

  1. Come on Emma give it up. Juat do what your mother did. You remember, you were there!

    ReplyDelete