Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vacuuming donkeys

No, I haven't managed to teach Emma to vacuum my house for me.  Although, now I think about it, maybe I should give that a try.  But I digress.  My absolute favorite horse grooming tool is my horse vacuum that I purchased some fifteen years ago.  I decided that it was high time to introduce this marvel to Emma.  Her initial reaction was mild skepticism:

"What is that weird, blue, snakey thing Ma?  I'm not so sure that should be touching me"
Followed by, "OH, is that a carrot you're holding next to the weird, blue, snakey thing"
"Yes Emma but you have to come see the weird, blue, snakey thing "
"Well OK, if there are carrots involved"

"And see Emma, it makes a pretty good back scratcher too"

"Yeah, that does feel pretty good, a little to the right please."

"OK Em, I'm going to turn it on now, its going to be a little noisy"
"Hmmm, I think you should do Tessa first, I want to make sure that thing doesn't suck her right off her feet"
"Gosh Mom, that feels really good, why don't you vacuum me every day?"
 "I'll make sure to keep adding new dust to my coat so you don't have to worry about me getting cold or anything."
 I think I've created a monster.

2 comments: