Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Consolation prize

I had to pick up my car from the repair shop on Monday, it was a very painful experience since the car needed a new transmission and a bunch of other stuff that added up to $3100.  GULP!  I really agonized over whether I should even put the money into this vehicle as it getting up there in age and miles but, a brief foray into what a new-used car would cost made the decision for me.  This car just has to keep going for a few more years. 

A friend dropped me off at the shop but, the car wound up being not quite ready so I had a couple of hours to kill.  Tanner was with me and anxious to get out of there as the sounds of the air guns frighten him so we decided to go exploring in the hills behind the shop.  We hiked up a long hill and stumbled onto a long ridge of exposed rock full of little caves and crevices.

  We spent the next hour or so exploring and poking about all the little nooks and crannies
 
 We found lots of nifty hiding places...

 And interesting caves I couldn't fit into... 



 We found a cozy den...
 Porcupines I think...
And a few holes you wouldn't want to fall into....
 
All in all, we had a lot of fun and I would never have found the place if my car wasn't broken.  It still seems like a horribly expensive way to discover new places but at least it was  a bit of consolation and its a good thing that donkeys don't cost all that much to feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment