Saturday, November 12, 2011

Done!

Just a few finishing touches and I get to cross this project off the list....

I didn't want a certain someone chewing on the insulation so I added a top...
 and made a cut out for the tub...



To finish everything off, I rounded the sharp edges with an old hoof rasp (by the way, if you want to learn how to trim your horse's feet yourself this is a good place to start.  Rasping fine-grained hardwoods such as oak feels very similar to rasping a hoof.  So go find yourself some blocks of wood and beg a worn out rasp off of your farrier and start practicing)

The finished product (although I do intend to add an insulated float that Tessa and Emma can gently push out of the way drink.  I haven't found just the right thing to use as a float yet.  I was originally going to just use another piece of foambord but I am worried that the certain someone mentioned earlier will chew on it.  It may require another trip to what passes for civilization in these parts).

 Ready for product testing by the experts...



2 comments:

  1. I'd just cannot imagine looking at those two innocent faces that either one would even think about taste testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so stinking cute and what a great idea for an insulated/heated water bucket! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete