Wednesday, December 6, 2017

1/2 an Hour

I finally bought a new camera, which means the blog might survive.  I decided to try something very different this time.  My last 3 cameras have all been Canons of one version or another.  I've taken a lot of good pictures with them and even more bad ones.  They all had some good features and some that I hated, most especially that they are very slow.  Since I am terribly hard on cameras and they only live for a couple of years at best, I decided I'd like to try some other varieties.

I wanted a pocket-sized camera that focused (no pun intended) on photographic quality and options rather than other gadgetry like GPS and touchscreens.  After looking around and reading a bunch of reviews, I kept coming back to the Lumix ZS-50.  It is actually a slightly older model with a few less bells and whistles and a lot more lens. 

I just got the camera and have only spent about half an hour with it, but so far, I am liking it.  I didn't do anything other than charge the battery before going out and playing with it but still got a few decent pictures.  It seems easy and intuitive to use.  My only concern about it is that it feels rather light and fragile compared to the Canons.  Light and fragile does not fit well in my life, but we'll see. 

What do you think?



 










14 comments:

  1. Takes great pics. LOVE that first one, but who doesn't love ear shots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the pictures from your new camera and Emma doesn't look mad at you anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you could take great photos with anything. These seem quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice photos and how great not to see any of the white stuff on the ground as yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pics as usual! I have a Lumix also with a Leica lens but I'm certainly not an experienced camera gal like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clear as a bell, wonderful shots as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope the camera works out. i need a better camera. but, will probably wait until i retire and have time to really learn how to use one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos! There is a lot to be said for less bells & whistles. And who has their ears on backwards LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To REALLY test this camera out, you need to take some pictures at my farm! However, these ARE really good ones, especially those of Connor!

    ReplyDelete