Thursday, June 18, 2015

You should have been there

If you weren't at the donkey conference last week, you sure should have been.  It was really amazing. 

Donkeys somehow manage to inspire tremendous passion in the people who love them.  Combine that with a very high level of professionalism, knowledge and sense of humor and you get an idea of what the presenters were like.  If you didn't manage to attend this year, make sure to mark your calenders for next year.  And make sure to tell your veterinarians and farriers about it as well.

The complete agenda can still be found by clicking here and, as you can see, there was a LOT of info. Much more than I can cover in a blog post.  In addition to about 10 solid hours of information on subjects ranging from feeding to infectious disease, there were several fun demonstrations with some very sweet and beautiful donkeys. 

Believe it or not, I didn't take many pictures, but here are just a few of the sweet and lovely donkeys who were there.  They were all so good.  












8 comments:

  1. What, no Maremma puppies? No border collies? What is up with that? Bess can do far more amazing things with a tarp than any old donkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a training event as well as health care. Sounds like a perfect vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This website was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found
    something which helped me. Many thanks!

    my homepage :: get Your ex boyfriend back

    ReplyDelete
  4. That big brown donkey is a looker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish an event like that would be organized over here in Europe ! I only have internet and some books (and a lot of trial & error...) to help me with my girls, vets and farriers over here are used to working with horses and know almost nothing about donkeys... And they are so different...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have loved to have been there. Thanks for the photos. So darn cute.

    ReplyDelete