Friday, June 5, 2015

Clinics, Conferences and Vacations

Ramsey and I have got a big adventure coming up next week.  We are going to the first ever donkey hoof clinic with Pete Ramey, who is one of the foremost experts on trimming feet.  He is finally doing a donkey clinic and we're going.

It's a bit ironic as I was really desperate for something like this a couple of years ago when I was trying to find help with Ramsey's foot.  I feel like I have mostly figured it now and that desperation is gone, but I still want to go.  I will be very interested in hearing what Pete Ramey has to say.

Following the hoof clinic is a two day donkey conference and I am also staying for that.  Who else is going to be there?  I am looking forward to meeting several "donkey people" who I have only corresponded with via email.  I believe there are still openings available if anyone would like to sign up.

A reclusive introvert goes to a conference - should be interesting.

And......starting tomorrow, I am on a desperately needed vacation from work.  It won't be anywhere near long enough.  Blog posting is probably going to be very sporadic or nonexistent for the week as I intend to stay far away from the computer as well.  Hopefully, I'll find the time to catch up on some of the things I've been meaning to write about and the conference as well.  See ya there.

12 comments:

  1. That sounds like some serious fun -- have a good time! It will be interesting to hear what Pete Ramey has to say about Ramsey's foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decompress, have fun, and we will be waiting to hear about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great clinic. Sorry but I have been away from my computer for quite a while and am now just trying to catch up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I am so jealous. I saw that clinic advertised and I was so excited, but then I saw it's all the way across the country. I went to one of Pete's clinics years ago and it was absolutely amazing. His passion for his work is contagious. I wish I could be there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris! I'm so excited for you! There's nothiing more interesting than talking ' shop' with a bunch of people who share your passion. It makes socializing for a recluse much easier! :) Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What perfect timing for you! Can't wait to hear all about it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reclusive Introvert in the Wild! Whoo-who! Have a great time at the conference and enjoy your time away from computer land. We'll be here when you get back anxious to hear all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did all of you blog readers figure out that BESS will be taking care of Connor!!! What a time that Connor is in for! I hope he is taking his vitamins and getting lots of rest! Connor will be having the time of his LIFE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy! Where is the conference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in New Paltz, about a 3 hour drive from here.

      Delete
  10. Lucky you, I'm envious! I hope you have a fabulous time. Hey, remember to ask Pete about the horizontal lines on hoof walls being laminitic episodes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure wish I was closer to NY -- looks like the agenda topics for the conference are good.

    ReplyDelete