Each and every toy had to be thoroughly inspected and placed in a new Border-Collie-Approved position. Such positioning might appear arbitrary and random to us humans, but I assure you, it is not.
The security status remains on high, orange alert. The Dancing Donkey Farm is at Def-Con 3.
In light of this massive breach of security, Tanner has asked me to review all of the rules applying to all toys. He has even been so kind as to dictate said rules so that there will be absolutely no confusion about them. Hopefully this will prevent any further security breach emergencies.
Part 1. No toy or perceived toy shall be moved, dislodged, misplaced or otherwise handled without the express permission and instruction of the Border Collie (heretofore known as the BC, Security, Investigator, Judge, Jury, Executioner, etc. AKA Tanner, AKA Farm Manager, AKA The Boss).
Part 2. No toy or perceived toy shall be be played with, used for games, or otherwise handled by any other creature residing on this farm or on any other property within this solar system without the express permission of the BC.
Part 2a. No permission of such handling will be granted by the BC now or ever.
Part 3. Definition of a toy: Any object that the BC has deemed to be a toy. This includes, but is not limited to:
- All balls, jolly balls, basketballs, footballs, or any spherical or semi-spherical object or ball-like substance that can be kicked, thrown, chased, bitten, etc.
- Frisbees, Frisbee like objects, or any disc shaped substance that can be thrown, caught, bit, etc.
- Selectively chosen sticks retrieved from the woods by the BC for the sole use and entertainment of the BC.
Part 4. The BC expressly prohibits any equine, especially and particularly donkeys, from handling, sniffing, touching, or interacting with a toy of any kind at all times.
Part 4a. Acceptable donkey toys consist of such useless, pathetic items as traffic cones and bits of old garden hose. The example below illustrates highly illegal and forbidden activity. Looking at and casting a shadow upon a BC approved toy is NOT allowed.
Part 5. The utilization of any toy is the sole purview of the BC.
Part 5a. The BC will decide each day which toy will be utilized for that day and all other toys shall be ignored until such time as the BC decides to change toys.
- Any human chosen to throw or kick said toy must be able to differentiate between toys. The throwing or kicking of the wrong toy will be punished via a Border Collie Stare that will fully and completely convey to said human the full extent of his/her failure along with the puzzlement of the BC as to how the said human could be so totally lacking in basic intelligence.
- The toys will be moved by the BC into Ultra Secure Storage, the location of which will be known only to the BC.
- Any human attempting to contravene these rules by allowing or encouraging any other creature to play with toys, especially and particularly donkeys, will be subjected to a Border Collie Stare of such soul withering intensity, that said human will know absolutely and completely the total futility of his or her existence. Furthermore, said human will also have to live with the pure, unadulterated guilt of his/her betrayal.
- It is the responsabilty of each individual to know and understand all BC rules at all times.
- Ignorance of the law does not exempt one from the law.