Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Named That Mule!

I think I have found a name for my little dragon boy.  It is completely different from anything I had thought of .  It's a bit whimsical, a bit silly, a bit fierce, a bit exotic and I think it suits this guy because he is all of that and more.

I told you he made me think of dragons and I stumbled on this trying to find one I thought I remembered.  It is a Chinese dragon called the Qilin (pronounced Kee-Lin) that is also thought to be the Chinese Unicorn. 

The Qilin is a mythical creature that is said to bring joy, good fortune and peace with him.  He is a hybrid animal that is maybe a bit horse, a bit dragon, a bit unicorn...all mixed up with a bit of magic to make a Dragon/Unicorn hybrid.  Sounds like a mule to me:)

The Qilin is known for his long, slim legs, bright coloring and gentle disposition that can be roused to ferocity, but only in defense against evil.

The Qilin moves across the Earth so softly that he doesn't harm a single blade of grass (especially if he can't reach it:).

Welcome to the world little Qilin.  I hope you continue to bring as much joy and color to world as you have started out with.

16 comments:

  1. That is a perfect name. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! That description does fit him perfectly, Welcome Qilin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. original name! his long legs are so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect; sounds like it fits him to a . . . Q!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect! I love it. And learned a lot about something I didn't know in the process. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A magical name that suits Qilin well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet. I am loving all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love his name, he is just about perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I have been so preoccupied I forgot about the blog world and didn't even know he'd been born! Boy did I miss out! Congratulations! What a perfect baby! I love the name too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect name. If you get tired of that mule, he is welcome here... ;)

    ReplyDelete