Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Help

I'm sure you all have noticed the ugly pile of leftover firewood lying, half covered, in a heap on my lawn.  Well, now that I have finally gotten the roof on my wood/storage shed, it is time to get that firewood put away in it's new home.  I was making good progress on this job last weekend and then....the "help" showed up....


"Do we get to eat this stuff this winter?  It's not too bad really; a little chewy, but tasty...."

"i BET i COULD JUMP THIS!..."

"You know Ma, I still think you should teach me to drive this thing..."

"i COULD JUMP THIS TOO!..."

"WOW, WHAT HAPPENS IF i PUSH THE RED BUTTON???"

"Hey Ma, you missed a few pieces.  You know, you really ought to get some help around here..."

"HMMM, DO i EAT THIS? JUMP ON IT?  ROLL ON IT???"

In spite of all the help, progress was made.  Unfortunately, it was a small, inadequate pile of firewood that will require a great deal of adding to before the cold weather shows up and some of the help remains unimpressed...

"All that time messing around with firewood and donkeys and what have you got to show for it?  A big patch of bare dirt and a very bored dog.  Do you think you could try throwing the ball at least once this minute?"

8 comments:

  1. I get that kind of help too from my housecat, Kitty. But it's nice sometimes to take a break and enjoy our animals isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Ramsey changing color? or is it just the light?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has gotten a bit lighter. His coloring is really hard to capture in photos. It ranges from light, milk chocolate to very dark chocolate points. He looks edible:) The hair around his eyes, ears and legs has a smokey, silvery sheen at the tips that just doesn't come through well in photos. Maybe if I had a better camera...

      Delete
  3. I just saw a list of Old English names and Ramsey means "ram's land." Appropriate, eh what?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get enough of Ramsey & Emma! He looks like he's already taller than my three minis, luckily you've got lots of hay in for the winter with that growing boy you're going to need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He probably is taller than your minis. I can't believe how fast he is growing!

      Delete
  5. Fun post! With all that help, I might not have gotten the firewood stacked. Not sure what cracked me up more, your adorable donkeys or your bored dog. They are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are always in the middle of everything! Always looking for something new to chew/play,and been close to human....

    ReplyDelete