Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Stills - A Single Tree

This challenge was a little harder then it first appears because around here, it is hard to find a shot of a single tree all by itself.  The extreme greyness of the weather lately hasn't helped.  What I came up with is one of my little pine trees seen from above...

and for some reason, this single downed tree amongst its fellows struck me somehow.  Kinda sums up winter for me.

It wasn't as grey a day as it may seem though because Riding Buddy came up and we did this...
 Lord, but it was nice to get out for a bit. 

If anyone would like to join in on Sunday stills just go to www.sundaystills.wordpress.com, check out the next challenge, take some pictures, put 'em in a blog post and post a link to your post in the comments sections of Sunday Stills.  It's easy, no pressure and it has helped me look at photography in a different way.  


9 comments:

  1. Always makes the day more cheerful when you get to ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little pine tree is another different angle, but I like the downed tree better, it's very poetic.
    Looks like you had a nice ride, Riding Buddies are great, we'd all be lonely without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the little pine tree. Fun and unusual to see a tree from this angle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with the challenge! Glad you got out to ride with your buddy, I love riding through trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job with the challenge and lucky you, I haven't been out all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your top shot of the little pine tree! So cute and nice to see a different perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, the pine is true unique angle.

    ReplyDelete