Saturday, February 4, 2012

Strange February

Emma's Super-Donkey powers seem to have worked better than I could have imagined.  Tanner and I actually found plants growing today.  In February! In New York!!  I don't think this has ever happened before, at least not that I have ever seen.  Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not complaining.  If I never had to see snow again,that would be fine with me.  It's just a bit...disconcerting.  I have never gone for a walk in the woods this time of year and found this...

These little Princess Pines always stay green, but these are actually setting out pollen...



I don't know what this plant is, I just know it has no business growing in Feb. 




I don't know what it means.  I just know that Emma I will enjoy it while it lasts.

1 comment:

  1. This is the warmest winter in my recollection. We had 45 and sunny yesterday. One year ago we had 40" of snow on the ground. I'm loving it, but this is hard on the hay fields. Not worried too much yet, but it's on my mind...

    ReplyDelete